HOME -----------MoneyAndValue.Blogspot.COM

Non responsive communication Reaction to criticism Silent answer.

Non responsive communication. Reaction to criticism.
Silent answer. What about the feelings?
================================================

A woman writes:"Not responding to criticism, hurtful actions, or words has been my instinctive reaction, or should I say non-reaction... Just allowing people to "be" around me, without reaction, has lead to me getting walked over in my relationships...I've allowed the rudeness towards me to continue by not standing up for myself and just "observing". I actually had a friend say to me, "I can't believe how you let people talk to you, why don't you ever stand up for yourself"....not reacting to these types of situations is supposed to be the enlightened way to be, but something about it feels wrong...."

The conflict between what it is and what it should be or between how it feels and how it should feel arises from the perception of the act not from how you respond to it. If you feel the action of someone toward you is unjust that is what determines the feeling and it's not likely to feel right.
When the choice is made on how you should respond to a particular type of verbal communication coming from someone it's important to decide on how you want to feel about it in addition to how you're going to respond to it.

There's a widely known expression: "You can change they way you feel".
And also another one: "If you believe you can - you can". You can try applying this two in a situation when someone is abusing one of the basic rights- Free Speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment